Academia Sinica(AS) VPN Service
The licensed library electronic resources are accessible off-campus via AS VPN service, by signing in with AS Single Sign-On (SSO) accounts.
Academia Sinica people who have valid AS SSO accounts
Set Up and Run a VPN Connection
- Download the Network Connect free app -- Pulse Secure
For Mobile Devices
Android-> Go to Google Play-> Download Pulse Secure
iOS-> Go to App Store-> Download Pulse Secure
- Instructions and use
(1) Download the Pulse Secure VPN client package.
(2) Double-click the installer package to open it. Click “Next” and install.
(3) Open the Pulse Secure application from the Start menu.
(4) In the Pulse Secure client window, click the “+” icon to add a connection.
(5) A window will open prompting you to enter the Name and Server URL. In the textbox for Name, enter a name to your liking (i.e., sinica_vpn). In the textbox for Server URL, enter “ssl-vpn.sinica.edu.tw”, and click “add”.
(6) You will be prompted to authenticate your identity. Enter your AS SSO id and password, and click then “Connect” button.
(7) Once the log in is complete you are now connected.
(8) To verify, the Pulse Secure icon should appear in the bottom of your home-screen.
(9) Select “Disconnected”, to end the connection.
Pulse Secure on Android
(1) Users are advised to uninstall the Old Junos Pulse Client (v. 4.0) and install the new Pulse Secure Client version. Search and install “Pulse Secure” on the Play Store app.
(2) Launch the application. When prompted for the URL, enter “ssl-vpn.sinica.edu.tw” and tap “Submit”. To continue setup on the “Add a Connection” page, enter your connection name. Tap “Add”.
(3) Accept the Connection Request to finish the connection.
(4) On the “Home” page, enter your AS SSO id and password, and then tap “Sign In”.
(5) Once the log in is complete you are now connected. Select “Disconnected”, to end the connection.
Pulse Secure on IOS
(1) Users are advised to uninstall the Old Junos Pulse Client (v. 4.0) and install the new Pulse Secure Client version. Open the App Store and search for “Pulse Secure”. Select the “Get” icon and then “Install” icon to download the app.
(2) Open the app. Enter URL “ssl-vpn.sinica.edu.tw” into the box and submit.
(3) Tap “Connect”.
(4) Enter your AS SSO id and password, and then press “Sign In”.
(5) Once the log in is complete you are now connected. Select Disconnected, to end the connection.
The maximum connection duration of AS VPN is 12 hour with 1 hour idle timeout.
2.Do not forget to disconnect the VPN connection, when you have finished searching Library resources.